How to Fix 17 Basic Cooking Mistakes
This is less “how to fix” than “how to avoid,” but these short simple lessons can make a lot of difference in the kitchen!
When you read this list of topics, think to yourself: DON’T DO THIS!
- Boiling pasta in a pot that’s too small.
- Using the wrong knife when preparing ingredients
- Using a tiny cutting board
- Storing tomatoes in the refrigerator
- Putting good knives in the dishwasher
- Overcrowding the pan.
- Choosing lean ground beef.
- Overmixing doughs and batters.
- Cooking with a cold pan and cold oil or butter.
- Searing meat over too-low heat.
- Adding garlic too early.
- Tossing cooked pasta with oil to prevent sticking.
- Using a nonstick pan for everything.
- Turning meat too often or too soon.
- Baking with cold eggs and dairy products.
- Slicing meat immediately after it’s cooked.
- Measuring dry ingredients in a liquid measuring cup.